Offers Free courses www.coursera.org/
Become a Life-Learner and sign up for a course
A sample of Recommended Courses for Indie Authors:
- Coursera.org/specializations/creative-writing at Wesleyan
- Coursera.org/viral-marketing University Pennsylvania
IWP University of Iowa International Writing Program
EFA (Editorial Freelancers Association)
The EFA hosts webinars and online courses designed for editorial/publishing freelancers located anywhere in the world. All courses are open to members and nonmembers and require advance registration. Members enjoy reduced tuition. We keep our course prices as low as possible to merely break even with the costs of providing education.
EFA offers a variety of convenient general resources to its members and the public. Its newsletter, The Freelancer, is available both in print and online to members only.
- The EFA booklets are written by experts in the field and for publishing professionals.
- A selection of archived articles on freelancing offer valuable and timeless tips on the trade.
- The editorial rate chart is the product of a survey of EFA members and industry references.
- The Code of Fair Practice, which defines ethical standards and contract guidelines, was developed by the Freelance Editorial Association, which merged with EFA in 2000.
- The sample contract and invoice included as appendices to the Code of Fair Practice are especially valuable to beginning freelancers.
- Suggested guidelines for editorial testing.
- An extensive list of online references and resources is updated over time.
Connect – Learn – Improve – Publish Our online writing workshops allow you to study what you want with some of today’s best authors https://litreactor.com/classes/upcoming
Learn about IPR rights – Important for all authors
Link to site listing publishing terms: iprlicense.com/KnowYourRights/Glossary
Open Colleges Australia’s leading online educator
The place where you can get free eBooks and textbooks for many subjects including:
- marketing and SEO Tips