Today I want to mention an educational site available for anyone who wants to learn more…
Khan Academy is a site where you can really exercise your brain muscle. Did I mention it’s FREE!
You are probably already aware of it since its been around since 2008. Learn more about the mission here. They are non-profit, so browse and if you like their approach, help them out, OR just join in the learning. There are all kinds of approaches, tests, games, self challenges and in various studies, math and humanities. One that caught my interest is a Physics class in One-dimensional motion, another is Art History – The Baroque
Check out the knowledge map – give yourself a test, see what you remember.
Don’t forget about the other resources available to you for FREE
Previously I have posted about the great courses made available through Coursera. and other MOOCs like the International Writing Program.
What’s a MOOC? It stands for massive Open Online Courses and consists of a great network of higher institutions that offer free courses in various subjects. I have the bug – I can’t help myself, I have a curious nature.
- Content Strategy for Professionals via Northwestern University
- Every Atom ,an in depth study of Walt Whitman’s Song of Myself via the IWP and Iowa University
And I am currently participating in three:
- A Beginner’s guide to Irrational Behavior via Duke University with the great Dan Ariely
- Networks: Friends Money & Bytes via Princeton University with Mung Chiang
- Grow to Greatness: Smart growth for Private Businesses via University of Virginia with Edward Hess
So Join in the fun of learning something new.
Check out https://www.khanacademy.org/ Follow their channel on YouTube too.
Keep reading – Keep Writing!